Browsing as one does through the classified pages of the SMH (despite Joe Hockey’s opinion of the SMH – Q&A 19 May) I came across a Public Notice regarding notification of Application for Petroleum Production Leases.
The map shows land marked in the Narribri area and is presumably grazing land.
What I have never seen is an explanation of how a company can come onto your land, apply for a licence and proceed to work it. I don’t think anyone can come onto my urban property and take over. Can they? Or am I an innocent?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s